BOARD MEETING AGENDA

April 16, 2019

Peyton Pines Elementary School Cafeteria

6:00 PM

  • Call meeting to order
  • Roll call of board members
  • List of guests and HOA members present
  • Review and acceptance of minutes from last meeting
  • Officer reports:
    • President
    • Treasurer
    • Environmental Committee
    • Architectural Review
  • Old Business
  • New Business
    • Request for Directors to run for Board
    • Request for members to be on nomination committee
  • Next meeting date
  • Adjournment

HOA BOARD MEETING MINUTES – 2/19/19

Peyton Elementary School Cafeteria
13550 Bradshaw Road
Peyton, CO 80831

February 19, 2019                                                                                                     6:00 p.m.

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:  President, Brooks Myers

                                                            Treasurer, Debbie DeBaun

                                                            Secretary/Environmental, Kim Watkins

BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT:        Wayne Boote , Carolyn Payton

OTHER MEMBERS PRESENT:    Robert Herz,Jim & Mavis Quarles, Ryan Bertram, DavidGiacalone, Joe Kistle, William Meyer

PROCEEDINGS:

  1. CALL TO ORDER

      President Brooks Myers called the Board Meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.

REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING
Approved

  •  PRESIDENTS REPORT – Brooks Myers Reported

Accomplishments:

  • Board has settled into a routine and established internal operating procedures
  • We have mailed out letters to one lot owner who is in violation of existing covenants.  Legal action will be taken on the complaint. 
  • We have an attorney’s office (Orten, Cavangh, and Holmes) on retainer to address some of our more pressing such as the bridle easements, what rules/regulations apply to our HOA given our voluntary dues, concerns about the HOA-owned property, Mineral Rights.  We will work primarily with one of their associates who is comparatively inexpensive ($210/hr)
  • We established a committee to look into the bridle easement issue.  Joe Kistle and Lynn Little have agreed to find out the pros and cons of keeping or removing them. 
  • The Bylaws/Covenants committee has begun developing detailed processes and procedures the Board will follow in revising bylaws/covenants, responding to complaints, etc.
  • We have responded to many requests for information regarding lots, reviewed and approved requests for construction, and mailed out variance request ballots

Concerns:

  • Wayne Boote is still officially on the Board but not participating, limiting the number of people available to accomplish Board work. Unless Wayne agrees to resign we can’t fill his position until the June membership meeting.
  • E-mail issues have limited Carol’s participation, but we have resolved this.
  • The lot the HOA owns isn’t used for anything, but it is a financial burden (insurance)
  • Limited funding constrains the amount of help we can get from a lawyer
    • This limits the Board’s ability to address complaints
    • We will discuss with the lawyer several options to help resolve this
    • Increase dues
    • Make dues mandatory
    • Sell the lot the HOA owns

Near-term focus:

  • Meet with the lawyer to begin addressing our highest-priority issues
  • Get some answers regarding the bridle easements
  • Begin revising Bylaws/Covenants
  • TREASURES REPORT – Debbie DeBaun Reported
  • January, 2019 ending balance $12,000 @ ENT Bank
  • $300 spent in mailing
  • $145 Property Insurance
  • Profit/Loss report-January 2019 took a $120 loss
  • ENVIRONMENTAL/ARCHITECTURAL REPORT – Kim Watkins Reported
  • LOT 226 – 18185 Ranch Hand Road – 12’x12’ shed, was recognized to be built – the Environmental Committee failed to take action within 30 days of submittal, per Article IV, section 2 of the PPHOA Covenants
  • LOT 223 – 18005 Ranch Hand Road – Fencing request – 6” round w/ white vinyl wire for frontage property line.  – Environmental Committee requested a delay in approving hoping we could have this covenant changed before early spring; it was decided to send out a variance for vote.
  • LOT 4 – 18495 Steeplechase Dr. – New ownership, Danny Cook – future home site, fencing, and driveway inquiry; Environmental Committee requested preliminary plans, no decision was made.
  • LOT 213 – 17813 Pinon Park – New ownership – request to build a chicken coop – Environmental Committee requested plans, no decision was made.
  • LOT 15 – 18065 Cumbres Road – Requested a variance for existing 50’x30’ barn with a graduating side setback from 5’ to 14’ and front of 31’- A variance was sent out….the variance should have said existing barn—Property owner notified the Board of a future Public Hearing with EPC for setbacks.
  • LOT 251 – 18470 Lost Ranger Road – Request to build and indoor riding arena; 70’ x 140’ attached to existing barn.  The Environmental Committee requested additional information.  No decision was made.
  • BRIDLE EASEMENT REPORT – Joe Kistle Reported
    Notes are not currently available to be posted.
  • OLD BUSINESS – None
  • NEW BUSINESS
  • Continue working with Jerry Orten regarding two properties that are in violation with the covenants
  • ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING DATES
  • April 16, 2019 @ 6 p.m. Peyton Elementary Cafeteria
  • June 11, 2019 @ 6 p.m. Peyton Cowboy Church – General Membership Meeting
  • Moving forward the Board agreed to have a quarterly meeting place TBD and will be posted on the website.
  1. ADJOURN

A motion was made by Debbie DeBaun to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 p.m. and Brooks Myers seconded the motion.