THE BOARD MEETING SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 10TH HAS BEEN CANCELED. FOLLOWING IS A SUMMARY OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED AT THE AUGUST 20TH SPECIAL MEETING AS WELL AS OTHER BOARD ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR THE MOST RECENT QUARTER.
- On August 20th the Board held a special meeting to discuss the bridle easement issue. We summarized the results of the research we had conducted over the past 9 months and discussed the options the HOA has. The bottom line is that due to El Paso county regulations it would be practically impossible to remove the bridle easements. It was agreed that the HOA needs to determine if most lot owners would rather maintain their easements themselves or increase dues and make them mandatory so that the HOA could afford to maintain all the easements. The Board has drafted a proposed change to the bylaws and had a legal firm review the proposed change. We are currently reviewing the lawyers’ response.
- The lot owners on Ranch Hand that were in violation of several covenants have cleaned up their lot and removed the junk vehicles from their lot. The Board sent a thank-you letter to them.
- The Board sent a letter to the lot owner on Bradshaw regarding the farm equipment stored on his lot and gave him a deadline for removing the equipment that he must meet in order to avoid legal action.
- We answered several requests for information from potential buyers and realtors regarding lots and covenants
- We ended the retainer agreement we had with the legal firm (Orten, Cavangh, and Holmes). The retainer arrangement initially appeared to be a cost-effective way for the HOA to obtain legal advice, but the discount we were given didn’t offset the monthly retainer fee. We will continue to use the firm for obtaining advice on issues such as the bridle easement, but without the retainer agreement.
- The Board met with the Peyton Fire Department to discuss the Fire Department’s interest in building a fire station on the HOA’s lot. We are awaiting further information from the fire department.
Concerns: Kim Watkins resigned from the Board, leaving only three current Board members
- Finalize way-ahead regarding vote on mandatory/increased dues
- Hold additional discussions with the Fire Department regarding possible new fire station
Treasurer’s Report: Paid members can get a copy of the financial statements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.