June 14, 2022 Annual Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President Sharon Friedman at 6:41 pm.  After determining there was the appropriate number of members present a quorum was declared.

Sharon Friedman and Debbie DeBaun gave reasons to get new board members and help with the duties.  Ballots for the election of board members were given to the member who had paid their dues.  There was some discussion about waiting until the end of the meeting to have the election of board members; however, it was determined that the appropriate time for the election was at the beginning of the meeting so that the elected board members could conduct the meeting.  Sharon Friedman and Debbie DeBaun were elected to the board. No other members were nominated.

Continue reading “June 14, 2022 Annual Meeting Minutes”



President, Brooks Myers

Treasurer, Debbie DeBaun

Secretary/Environmental, Kim Watkins

Director, Carolyn Payton

Board Members Absent: Wayne Boote

Other Members Present: Jim & Mavis Quarles, Ryan & Jodie Bertram, Loren Hannavan, John Campbell, Robert Herz (by proxy), Lynn Liddle, John Kucera, Chris Nastro, Diana & Carl Strobel, Rick Brandon, Anthony Kubat, Michael Firedel, James Payton, Joe Kistle


Election of Officers

As required, the Board held a meeting after the official annual meeting on June 11, 2019. The Board of Directors elected the following as officers:

President – Brooks Myers

Vice President – Carolyn Payton

Secretary/Treasurer – Debbie DeBaun

Environmental Officer – Kim Watkins

If anyone would like to be appointed to the Board please let us know. The more the merrier!


Peyton Elementary School Cafeteria
13550 Bradshaw Road
Peyton, CO 80831

February 19, 2019                                                                                                     6:00 p.m.

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:  President, Brooks Myers

                                                            Treasurer, Debbie DeBaun

                                                            Secretary/Environmental, Kim Watkins

BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT:        Wayne Boote , Carolyn Payton

OTHER MEMBERS PRESENT:    Robert Herz,Jim & Mavis Quarles, Ryan Bertram, DavidGiacalone, Joe Kistle, William Meyer



      President Brooks Myers called the Board Meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.


  •  PRESIDENTS REPORT – Brooks Myers Reported


  • Board has settled into a routine and established internal operating procedures
  • We have mailed out letters to one lot owner who is in violation of existing covenants.  Legal action will be taken on the complaint. 
  • We have an attorney’s office (Orten, Cavangh, and Holmes) on retainer to address some of our more pressing such as the bridle easements, what rules/regulations apply to our HOA given our voluntary dues, concerns about the HOA-owned property, Mineral Rights.  We will work primarily with one of their associates who is comparatively inexpensive ($210/hr)
  • We established a committee to look into the bridle easement issue.  Joe Kistle and Lynn Little have agreed to find out the pros and cons of keeping or removing them. 
  • The Bylaws/Covenants committee has begun developing detailed processes and procedures the Board will follow in revising bylaws/covenants, responding to complaints, etc.
  • We have responded to many requests for information regarding lots, reviewed and approved requests for construction, and mailed out variance request ballots


  • Wayne Boote is still officially on the Board but not participating, limiting the number of people available to accomplish Board work. Unless Wayne agrees to resign we can’t fill his position until the June membership meeting.
  • E-mail issues have limited Carol’s participation, but we have resolved this.
  • The lot the HOA owns isn’t used for anything, but it is a financial burden (insurance)
  • Limited funding constrains the amount of help we can get from a lawyer
    • This limits the Board’s ability to address complaints
    • We will discuss with the lawyer several options to help resolve this
    • Increase dues
    • Make dues mandatory
    • Sell the lot the HOA owns

Near-term focus:

  • Meet with the lawyer to begin addressing our highest-priority issues
  • Get some answers regarding the bridle easements
  • Begin revising Bylaws/Covenants
  • TREASURES REPORT – Debbie DeBaun Reported
  • January, 2019 ending balance $12,000 @ ENT Bank
  • $300 spent in mailing
  • $145 Property Insurance
  • Profit/Loss report-January 2019 took a $120 loss
  • LOT 226 – 18185 Ranch Hand Road – 12’x12’ shed, was recognized to be built – the Environmental Committee failed to take action within 30 days of submittal, per Article IV, section 2 of the PPHOA Covenants
  • LOT 223 – 18005 Ranch Hand Road – Fencing request – 6” round w/ white vinyl wire for frontage property line.  – Environmental Committee requested a delay in approving hoping we could have this covenant changed before early spring; it was decided to send out a variance for vote.
  • LOT 4 – 18495 Steeplechase Dr. – New ownership, Danny Cook – future home site, fencing, and driveway inquiry; Environmental Committee requested preliminary plans, no decision was made.
  • LOT 213 – 17813 Pinon Park – New ownership – request to build a chicken coop – Environmental Committee requested plans, no decision was made.
  • LOT 15 – 18065 Cumbres Road – Requested a variance for existing 50’x30’ barn with a graduating side setback from 5’ to 14’ and front of 31’- A variance was sent out….the variance should have said existing barn—Property owner notified the Board of a future Public Hearing with EPC for setbacks.
  • LOT 251 – 18470 Lost Ranger Road – Request to build and indoor riding arena; 70’ x 140’ attached to existing barn.  The Environmental Committee requested additional information.  No decision was made.
  • BRIDLE EASEMENT REPORT – Joe Kistle Reported
    Notes are not currently available to be posted.
  • Continue working with Jerry Orten regarding two properties that are in violation with the covenants
  • April 16, 2019 @ 6 p.m. Peyton Elementary Cafeteria
  • June 11, 2019 @ 6 p.m. Peyton Cowboy Church – General Membership Meeting
  • Moving forward the Board agreed to have a quarterly meeting place TBD and will be posted on the website.

A motion was made by Debbie DeBaun to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 p.m. and Brooks Myers seconded the motion.

Oct. 23, 2018 Meeting Minutes


Cowboy Church of Peyton
15504 Bradshaw Road
Peyton, CO 80831

October 23, 2018 7:00 p.m.

President, Brooks Myers
Vice President/Environmental, Robert Cavanaugh
Treasurer, Debbie DeBaun
Secretary, Kim Watkins
Director, Carolyn Payne

Wayne Boote

Johanna and Ryan Bertram
Becky Milot-Bradford
Joe & Kathy Kistle
James and Mavis Quarles
John Parillo


President Brooks Myers called the Informational Meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.


Brooks Myers presented a list of Bylaws that the HOA Board and Volunteer Committees would like to start reviewing and revising.  The goal would be to revise the Bylaws into an understandable language, remove contradiction, and update the verbiage. Debbie DeBaun stated that she would like to change the Bylaws first and then build on the Covenants afterwards.

Bylaws to be reviewed first:

Article II, Section 1, Filings 1, 2, 2A, 2B, 3 and 4:  Change wording for Filing, so it does not appear that we have six filings.
Articles II and III:  Define the difference between the types of meetings i.e. annual, special, membership.
Article II, Section 5: Change the verbiage to next business day.
Article II, Section 7:  Update to allow email notifications
Article II, Section 12:  Implement e-voting and fix typos
Article III, Section 6:  allow email and text notifications


Brooks Myers presented suggestions to updating the Covenants.  He stated that these are only suggestions; they should be considered by a committee and then prepared for a vote.  The committees are responsible for researching and presenting before any topics would be considered for change and then voted on by the members.  Brooks stated that he would like a standardized change across the filings.

Suggested Covenant Changes:

Clarify that dues are voluntary unless you want to vote on HOA issues
Change restriction on businesses to allow those that don’t increase traffic, such as on-line business
Clarify types of fencing
Clarify types of metal buildings
Bridle Easements-delete, modify or keep
Review Landscaping Covenant
Clarify the voting process for covenant changes
Delete reference Trail Bikes and Scooters


Brooks Myers discussed the need for a Bridle Path Committee; this is the most complex issue to deal with. The committee will need to weigh the pros and cons; do we keep them, do we get rid of them, or do we revise them.  Debbie DeBaun stated that if the HOA takes them over, it will come with a high dollar to maintain and insure, not to mention the overall liability. Additional discussion was snow removal, grass mowing, gopher holes, steep easements, and legal issues.


Brooks Myers discussed going electronic to save on mailing expenses.  Becky Milot-Bradford stated that there is a two-step process to sign up on the Peyton Pines Website.  The first allows you to get Website updates only and the second is a member mailing list. Debbie DeBaun feels that the USPS is reliable and is not confident that going electronic is fair to everybody.  She stated that it would be difficult to require everybody to sign up.

Becky suggested an opt in option for electronic ballots/notifications or receive by USPS mail.


Joe Kistle commented on the proper way to make these changes, the legality of it.  He stated that the language is contradicting, i.e. eligible to vote or entitled to vote.  Mr. Kistle checked with a lawyer regarding Bridle Path liability and he was told that there is no way to be waived of liability.

Becky Milot-Bradford questioned the amount of changes and has concerns, she suggested surveying the community and finding out what types of changes are palatable.

Ryan Bertram expressed concern of the variance that passed.  He stated that all property owners should have voted based on Section 10 of the Bylaws and the definition of Membership and Voting.  He questioned the next variance and wanted clarification and assurance that all would be mailed ballots.

Becky Milot-Bradford stated that Wayne Boote will need to submit a written resignation to be removed for the Board.  Otherwise he is still a board member and considered to be absentee.


The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m.  No attendees stayed for the Board of Director meeting that followed.

May 23, 2018 HOA Board Meeting Minutes

Board meeting 23 May 2018

Called to order at 7:08pm


Jerry Charles, Treasurer

Jason Darbyshire, Secretary

Samantha Munoz, President

Sharon Friedman, (absent)

Review and amend Annual Meeting Announcement and Agenda for 6-12-18

Corrections and Amendments read as follows:

JUNE 3 2018 is the Last day for online nomination forms to be submitted.

Rebecca Hussey is the first Board Nomination/Volunteer.

Jason Darbyshire is the second Board Nomination/Volunteer.

Correction that Danielle Cabuzzi was filling a temporary position towards the needs of environmental committee, and that is not a position she will fill past the Annual meeting date of 6-12-2018.

President Munoz made the motion to accept these changes and amendments.

Secretary Darbyshire Seconded the motion.

With not dissenting votes, Treasurer Charles motioned to move and accept these changes and amendments.

Meeting adjourned at 759pm.